You like! Here are our most appreciated posts this month:
- Ohio class teaches children that men think and women feel (9,400+ likes)
- Five reasons why gendered products are a problem (3,800+ likes)
- Why you should shut up when poor people buy new Nikes (5,000+ likes)
- Lumbersexuals and white heteromasculine pageantry (1,600+ likes)
- Americans are fleeing religion and Republicans are to blame (1,100+ likes)
- Herculean dimorphism (950+ likes)
- Growing up poor has effects on your children even if you escape poverty (800+ likes)
- The difference between Anthropology and Sociology (1,600+ likes)
Social media milestone!
We reached 70,000 fans on Facebook this month. We’ll keep trying to feed interesting, useful, and funny sociological stuff. Thanks everybody!
Social Media ‘n’ Stuff:
Finally, this is your monthly reminder that SocImages is on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, and Pinterest. I’m on Facebook and most of the team is on Twitter: @lisawade, @gwensharpnv, @familyunequal, and @jaylivingston.Lisa Wade is a professor of sociology at Occidental College and the co-author of Gender: Ideas, Interactions, Institutions. You can follow her on Twitter and Facebook.