Happy Friday everyone! We’ve got lots of great new stuff on the site this week, so be sure to stop by and check it out!
“‘Traditional Women’ and Modern Migration” by Allison Nobles. Anju Mary Paul finds that, despite what looks to be a break from traditional gender norms, migrant women often frame their movement as a means to fulfill their roles as mothers and wives.
“Discrimination Harms Transgender Health,” by Allison Nobles. Lisa R. Miller and Eric Anthony Grollman talk to US News about the disproportionate discrimination trans people experience and how that relates to poor health outcomes.
From Our Partners:
And a Few from the Community Pages:
- Education and Society on the social construction of first generation college students.
- Girl w/Pen chooses mercy for Planned Parenthood.
- Cyborgology talks Playboy putting clothes on and the social nature of computer programming.
- Feminist Reflections points to powerful women in politics.
- Sociological Lens uses Bourdieu to analyze literary fiction awards.