As summer break comes to an end, the TSP crew is gearing up for another engaging semester of sociologizing. In addition to checking out our new stuff below, those of you prepping to teach classes should be sure to stop by our Teaching TSP blog for class exercises, teaching tips, and suggestions for turning TSP blogs into assignments.
From Our Partners:
- “‘Hilando Fino’: American Racism After Charlottesville,” Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
- “The Souls of White Folk in Charlottesville and Beyond,” Matthew W. Hughey
- “The Persistence of White Nationalism in America,” Joe Feagin
- “A Sociologist’s Note to the Political Elite,” Victor Ray
- “Are Public Sociology and Scholar-Activism Really at Odds?” Kimberly Kay Hoang
- “Sociology as a Discipline and an Obligation,” David G. Embrick and Chriss Sneed
“Social Pressure to Appear Masculine Leads Straight Men to Have Unwanted Sex,” by Michelle J. Cera, Jessie Ford, and and Paula England.
And a Few from the Community Pages:
- Sociological Images concludes feminists are awesome and reflects on the beauty and strength of Wonder Woman.
- Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies offers a Marxist critique of the Cambodian genocide.
- Feminist Reflections remembers Harry Brod, 1951-2017.
- Engaging Sports talks athletic philanthropy and the limits of charity.