In New Orleans, it’s Mardi Gras! Everywhere else, it’s Tuesday.
If you’re not in the middle of the revelry, enjoy these Mardi Gras posts from previous years:
- Why are there so many Mardi Gras parades?
- The baby dolls of Mardi Gras
- The flambeaux: A history of race, gender, and fire on Mardi Gras
- The Order of Myths: Race and Mardi Gras in Mobile
- Where Mardi Gras beads come from
- The best Mardi Gras ever: The 1979 police strike
- Mardi Gras krewes, tourism, and segregation
- Race, class, and collective Mardi Gras memory