Our top post on Tumblr this month, with over 45,000 likes and re-blogs, discusses a brain imaging study that suggests that social justice is linked to logic, not emotion.
We earned some major nerd cred this month when Wil Wheaton tumbled it! Here is the awesome evidence of that fabulous day:
Seriously, folks. My inner 14-year-old girl downright squealed.
You like! Here are our most appreciated posts this month:
Why do witches ride brooms was the clear winner with 9,300+ likes. And it’ll be obvious why if you click through to find out.
- 57% of languages do not have gendered pronouns (3,100+ likes)
- Muggle Studies and Defense Against the Dark Arts (1,600+ likes)
- School shootings: What’s different about Europe? (1,400+ likes)
- What does organic look like? (900+ likes)
- Our annual “Sexy What!?” post (900+ likes)
- The no. 1 cause of traffic fatalities? It’s not texting, it’s driving (800+ likes)
New Pinterest board!
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and its backlash, we put together a Pinterest board featuring the weirdest and most outrageous examples of pinkwashing. And we started it BEFORE the pinkwashed fracking drill bit was announced!
Social Media ‘n’ Stuff:
Finally, this is your monthly reminder that SocImages is on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, and Pinterest. I’m on Facebook and most of the team is on Twitter: @lisawade, @gwensharpnv, @familyunequal, and @jaylivingston.
Sociologist D’Lane Compton hopes you had a happy Halloween! Follow her on Twitter!Lisa Wade, PhD is a Visiting Scholar at Tulane University. She is the author of American Hookup, a book about college sexual culture; a textbook about gender; and a forthcoming Introduction to Sociology text. You can follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.