Congratulations to the amazing Gwen Sharp! She won a state-wide teaching award from the Nevada Board of Regents! She’s the best teacher in the whole state! This is no surprise to me, of course. Dr. Sharp co-founded and wrote for SocImages for many years. I’m so grateful to have worked with her for so long. You can read her posts here or follow her on Twitter.
I’m also honored to report that SocImages received this year’s award for Exemplary Online Learning Resources from the Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching. Thank you so much to Jane Moore and the team at MERLOT!
- Doing gender with the face, featuring Erika Linder (5,800 likes)
- New in pointlessly gendered products (2,600 likes)
- Snickers mocks the idea that men can respect women (1,900 likes)
- 3rd grade teacher reminds boy that writing is for girls (1,600 likes)
- What kind of work does Women’s History Month value? (1,300 likes)
- The Baby Dolls of Mardi Gras (1,100 likes)
- Does sleeping with a guy on the first date make him less likely to call back? (1,100 likes)
- Intimate inequality at the Woolworth’s lunch counter, 1960 (1,000 likes)
Social Media ‘n’ Stuff:
This is your monthly reminder that SocImages is on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, and Pinterest. I’m on Facebook and most of the team is on Twitter: @lisawade, @gwensharpnv, @familyunequal, and @jaylivingston.Lisa Wade, PhD is a professor at Occidental College. She is the author of American Hookup, a book about college sexual culture, and a textbook about gender. You can follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.