- Do You Know that Valentine’s Day is Coming? Do you? DO YOU!?
- The Sweet Smell of Environmental Degradation
- Measuring Love with $$$
- Love for Sale with Dogboy and Mr. Dan
- Vintage Valentine’s Day Cards Punning on American Indians
- More Vintage Cards with Racial Caricatures (pictured)
- The Feminization of Love
- Violent Metaphors in Vintage Valentine’s Day Cards
- Do Men Want Flowers?
- The Heterosexual Gift Giving Imperative
- Men are Loved and Women are Property
- Valentine’s Day as Sex-For-Gift Exchange
- The Sexes are “Opposite”
- Steak and a BlowJob Day (for men)
- Pretty Girls Get Lots of Stuff
Lisa Wade is a professor at Occidental College and the co-author of Gender: Ideas, Interactions, Institutions. Find her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.