Ok ladies and gents, let’s see if we can start a Women’s History Meme here.Â I’m posting six quiz questions to complement the quiz I’m doing on The Today Show tomorrow with Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kobt (10am ET).Â Take the quiz below, see how you do, and if you have a blog, feel free to post the quiz there AND ADD ONE ADDITIONAL QUESTION OF YOUR OWN.Â Don’t forget to post these same instructions when you post the quiz on your blog, so that others then can do the same!Â If you send me the link once you’ve posted, I’ll do a roundup next week.Â Just email me at deborah (at) girlwpen (dot) com with the header “Women’s History Meme.”Â Alrighty then.Â Here we go:
1. In 2009, women make up what percent of the U.S. Congress?
2. How many CEOs of Fortune 500 companies are female?
3.Â Who was the first First Lady to create her own media presence (ie hold regular press conferences, write a daily newspaper column and a monthly magazine column, and host a weekly radio show)?
A. Eleanor Roosevelt
B. Jacqueline Kennedy
C. Pat Nixon
D. Hillary Clinton
4. The Equal Rights Amendment was first introduced to Congress in:
5. Who was the first African-American woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
A. Phyllis Wheatley
B. Alice Walker
C. Toni Morrison
D. Maya Angelou
6. What percentage of union members are women today?
1:B, 2:A, 3:A, 4:A, 5:C, 6:D