Posted last year, but I love it, so here it is again!
In this fun four minute history of Santa Claus, CGP Gray explains how the character evolved, the role of Coca Cola, his conquest of the globe (i.e., Santa’s cultural imperialism), and the ongoing debates about where, exactly, he lives.
Also from CGP Gray:
- A Case Against the Penny
- What the Bleep is the United Kingdom?!
- The Economics of Royalty
- The Social Construction of the Continents
- A History and Account of Daylight Savings
- The Mathematics of Electoral Politics
- An Overview of the Electoral College