Welcome to the companion page for our fifth edited volume of TSP content with W. W. Norton & Company! Below you will find links to free web content that illustrates concepts from the volume’s discussion guides at the end of each chapter. For more information, or to order the book, check out W. W. Norton’s page here.
Culture and the construction of sex, violence, and poverty
- “Mass Violence and the Media” by Jacqui Frost and Stephen Suh
- “Mass Shootings and the ‘Man’ifesto” by Evan Stewart
- “Re-evaluating the “Culture of Poverty” by Stephen Suh and Kia Hiese
Cultural production and consumption
When zombies and hipsters attack!
- “The Zombie in Film” by Dave Paul Strohecker
- Office Hours with Jennifer Rutherford
- “Bourdieu, the ‘Hipster’, and the Authenticity of Taste” by Lisa Wade