Enjoy our collection of Halloween posts from years past:
Race and Ethnicity
- Gender and asymmetry: “beer man and “beer girl.”
- Anna Rexia, the costume (also in plus size!).
- Halloween and the trivializing of women in men’s occupations.
- Girls: mean or queen.
- The difference between boy and girl costumes.
- Women dressing up like girls dressing up like women.
- And, our favorite, the sexy scholar.
The Intersection of Race, Class, and Gender
Halloween and Politics
Lisa Wade is a professor of sociology at Occidental College. You can follow her on Twitter and Facebook.