- New Books Network
- New Books in Sociology
- Tom on global warming
- George Monbiot on nuclear power
- Glenn Greenwald on Libya
- Benjamin Barber on Saif al-Qaddafi
We start off talking about Charlie Sheen and celebrity (yeah, sorry), and then transition into a discussion about the iPad and music, and technology and qualitative data analysis. We thought we were done then, but we kept on talking about the sad state of rock music today and then NPR versus the right wing. We decided to keep the whole thing.
Links from the episode:
- GarageBand on iPad guided tour
- Alex Skolnick, Goodbye to Romance: Standards For A New Generation
- Whatever Happened to Alternative Nation?
- Siamese Dream Bassist?
- The Nevermind baby all grown up
- Cry Baby Documentary
- Rappers aren’t afraid to be weird
- Peter Dreier on Office Hours
- NPR and Muslim Brotherhood stunt
- NPR CEO Steps Down