On October 27, Jeremy Freese taped a laptop to his face and Skyped into the Soc Improv for a discussion of the NRC rankings. After Jeremy left, we solved the culture of poverty. Or something like that.
Unfortunately, due to a freak editing accident, this episode is just now being posted. Sorry, Jeremy. (And sorry, Christopher Newport.)
Links discussed in this episode:
- Jeremy on the NRC rankings: one and two.
- Christopher Newport and the NRCs
- NY Times on the Culture of Poverty
- Teresa Gowan on Culture Shocks
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, A Culture of Poverty
- Culture of Poverty at Neuroanthropology
- The Mullet Strategy